On June 3, 2015, GE launched Bright Stik™ LED, an entry point 60-watt replacement LED lamp aimed at making LED lighting more affordable . Price is still the major hurdle for most consumers, who would like to transition to the energy saving LEDs, but balk at the sometimes hefty initial cost. With an LED 3-pack for under $10 GE hopes to accelerate the transition from traditional Edison lamps and CFLs to the much more energy efficient LEDs.
Most household sockets around the country take a medium base screw-in "bulb" or CFL (Curlique compact fluorescent lamp.) Bright Stik replaces a 60W bulb, perfect for a table lamp in a side table or a cluster of pendants. It is available at Home Depot.
Bright Stik™ LEDs offer:
- A slender, sleek design to fit in more sockets and fixtures compared to general purpose CFL bulb counterparts.
- A rated life of 15,000 hours, lasting nearly 14 years based on three hours of operation per day.
- A five-year limited warranty, so consumers can have peace of mind with this exceptional quality of light.
- Two color options—soft white and daylight.
- Energy savings—costing only 10 cents per month to operate (based on three hours/day at $.11/kWh).